Monday, January 7, 2013

Indian Food Take 1


I'm trying to get myself to explore new recipes, so I decided to make each month have a new cultural theme. This month I've been craving curry, so I'm venturing to India.  Last night I made my first meal, forgot to take pictures, and here's a picture of my leftovers.  So fancy, right?

I tried:
Chickpea and Spinach Curry which was the inspiration for this night.  I found it in my last issue of Cooking Light. Instead of adding red curry powder, I used the same seasoning from the chicken recipe below. And of course I forgot to buy cilantro, but it was still tasty. 

Low Fat Chicken Dopioza (from about.com) which was delightful.  I followed the recipe to a T, except I didn't have Cardamom!

Indian Spiced Brussels Sprouts (from fuss free cooking).  I added this in the last minute because our meal didn't seem green enough.  It was easy and tasty, even Nick loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment